Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Things you've already done: bold
Things you want to do: italicize
Things you haven't done and don't want to - leave in plain font
1. Started your own blog. Though I certainly had inspiration and, overachiever that I am, I now have two!
2. Slept under the stars. I might have, as a kid, but now.. not in the plan unless there are no other choices.
3. Played in a band.
5. Watched a meteor shower.
6. Given more than you can afford to charity. Animals in distress always get to me… A Place to Bark is my weakness.
7. Been to Disneyland/world.
8. Climbed a mountain. (Unless you count the ungodly hill up to the subway).
9. Held a praying mantis.
10. Sang a solo. But only when no one can hear me.
11. Bungee jumped. Oh not a chance
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea. From the beach only….seasick at the drop of a …wave.
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch. Crochet..and I do it "wrong".
15. Adopted a child. Unless the dogs and cats in my old age count.
16. Had food poisoning.
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of
18. Grown your own vegetables. I still yearn for those tomatoes
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in
20. Slept on an overnight train.
21. Had a pillow fight.
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill. If you say you haven’t done this you are lying!
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb.
26. Gone skinny dipping.
27. Run a marathon. Surely you jest! Sweat and I are NOT friends.
28. Ridden a gondola in
29. Seen a total eclipse.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset.
31. Hit a home run. Again with the sweat!
32. Been on a cruise. Once was absolutely enough. Even on a BIG ship I get seasick and I Really don’t do well when heavily scheduled by other people.
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors.
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language. I know French, I NEED Spanish
37.Had enough money to be truly satisfied. Not sure what that is, I haven’t ever been starving, so I can account for the other end of the scale.
38. Seen the
39. Gone rock climbing. More sweat, unless we are talking the rocks in
40. Seen Michelangelo's David in person.
41. Sung Karaoke. Quantity, yes, Quality NO!
43. Bought a stranger a meal in a restaurant. I am assuming fast food counts. I prefer that to giving cash.
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight.
46. Been transported in an ambulance. I have, however, come down a ski hill in a sled pulled by the ski patrol with a bad kneecap. You don’t sweat much while skiing the way I used to ski.
47. Had your portrait painted.
48. Gone deep sea fishing. Water going up and down.
49. Seen the Sistene chapel in person.
50. Been to the top of the
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling. Both, and snorkeling makes me……..wait for it…..seasick.
52. Kissed in the rain.
53. Played in the mud.
54. Gone to a drive-in theatre. It was in a drive-in on April 15th in 1970 that my then-husband remembered he hadn't yet filed his taxes. Didn't get to see the end of the movie.
55. Been in a movie.
56. Visited the
57. Started a business I don’t think consulting counts exactly. That’s working for yourself, a business, to me, means hiring others.
58. Taken a martial arts class
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout cookies..
62. Gone whale watching. Whoever devised this
63. Gotten flowers for no reason. There is ALWAYS a reason, good, bad, spur of the moment.
64. Donated blood.
65. Gone sky diving.
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp.
67. Bounced a cheque. And a check too!
68. Flown in a helicopter. Over
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy. My dollhouse is still sort of in my possession, though someone else is storing it.
70. Visited the
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt. Not a whole one, but bits and pieces of things.
73. Stood in
74. Toured the
75. Been fired from a job. Laid off, but not fired.
76. Seen the Changing of the Guard in
77. Broken a bone.
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the
80. Published a book.
81. Visited the
82. Bought a brand new car.
83. Walked in
84. Had your picture in the newspaper.
85. Read the entire Bible.
86. Visited the White House.
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating. Fish yes, animal no
88. Had chickenpox.
89. Saved someone’s life.
90. Sat on a jury.
91. Met someone famous.
92. Joined a book club.
93. Lost a loved one.
94. Had a baby.
95. Seen the
96. Swum in the
97. Been involved in a law suit.
98. Owned a cell phone.
99. Been stung by a bee.
Saturday, December 13, 2008
It is by the wonderfully zany Mason Dixon and so she wasn't interested in warshcloth afghans. She was being really well entertained.
Friday, December 12, 2008
I couldn't get the usual cat to pose for a size comparison, so I drafted Nadine's postcard to give you an idea of size. It is as big as it is going to get but I think it will block out larger and also a bit smoother. The weather has been raining for the last ......forever....days, and since I needed to stop and start building the ark, I took the pictures and declared myself nearly done. Colors, however, are a little off due to the total lack of light.