Friday, February 1, 2019

Clean and clear

This page set has been on the blog before, but since the poor blog has been lying about unused for so long, I figure everyone who has either seen it already or will remember it gave up on me a long time ago.  This is the second in my Instagram experiences..  This was a photo I took of a photography friend a zillion years ago.. maybe 35 or so... and used as the source for an image transfer.  The rest is collage and this is a point in the book where one page is the back of the previous spread I showed here and the right side is the back of the next spread, which I think is a 3-fold page.

I liked the circles.  I ALWAYS like circles..


This is the full spread, circles and all. All my pages are pretty spontaneous, I do NOT plan ahead, though I think about how to do that. This set of pages took maybe a year overall, but I think it is done. I build imagery up, take some out by painting over it, collage on top of them, and in this instance I did a Matte medium image transfer from a photo I shot years ago and always liked. 


Right side, some of what shows through is the paint samples on the original page. I liked the look and never quite covered them up. The bottom left is a set of 3 postage stamps that I liked.


The graphic is a piece of found printing, not sure where I got it, and I just used the circles and went off on my own. 

The summary pic will be on Instagram in a few minutes. 

No comments: