Saturday, January 26, 2019

closeups of a long term project...

Several years ago... seriously, can I start that way?... I think I have to... I made a Coptic stitch journal out of paint sample sheets.. the kind you get at the hardware store and they are tri-fold or even quatra-fold.  I overpainted them with gesso and with gouache and whatever I had around, and let the rectangles of the paint samples show through and just went ahead and sewed.

Every now and then on Instagram I show some page samples and I thought this might help me revive this blog.  Just because people are not blogging does not mean I should stop and besides, I am a long form kind of person, so this is a page spread from the Big Blue Book.


This is the full spread, it was a quad to start with, and I stitched the Coptic attachment through the center, so it folds out to look like this. 


This is the left side


Left Center


Right Center


Right Edge

The drawing is one of many I saved from my days in classes with figure models, and the rest is paint, stencils and collage from a variety of places.  I like the way it flows across the page and I have decided it is "done" .... for me that means it is time to leave it along and let it fly by itself. 

 NOW... I am referring people from Instagram over here.  The one thing IGram does that I like is it lets people comment easily. .... SO if you came here from IGram you can comment here or there, but let me know what you think.  I have a lot of "finished" pages that are sitting around and I thought that I might start showing some of them like this if this works.  Talk to me !!

1 comment:

Gill said...

I can only comment using my google account (which I don't use - except for posting comments on blogs!) so this will undoubtedly just float in the ether...


I'm glad you're blogging again, I like to see process and developments and around the corners and IG just doesn't allow me to do that. Thank you x