Thursday, March 24, 2011

I have a lunatic dog.....

As my regular reader(s) know(s) I have a much beloved Spanish Water Dog named Sienna.  Looks like butter wouldn't melt in her mouth, doesn't she? 

She has many good traits and a basically good disposition. She is also a lunatic escape artist. She tried to get out of my friend's apartment when she was staying there, she has twice gotten out of her crate but I attributed that to fireworks on the 4th of July and she hasn't done it since.

Until tonight, that is. First of all, she is 6 years old. NOT a baby. It must have taken her the full 6 years to figure out how to try to do this. I was gone from 6pm to 10 pm. FOUR HOURS.

In that time, she broke 2 pieces of the crate off completely. When I came in they were on the crate floor. She bent up the main bar, that includes the piece that you slide the door latch into, and reversed it 180 degrees. It is a BIG structural piece of the crate. I do not know HOW she completely chewed off the other two pieces , but she did. They were on the crate floor.


The bar that is bent upward in the last picture is the one that held the door latch part and it went all the way to the bottom of the crate once upon a time. 
She is only crated when I leave, and gets cookies to eat as I walk out the door and the TV is on to give her a human voice.  It's not like she was dying of boredom.  I'm not sure what I am doing with her tomorrow when I have to go to class. She might chew her way out of the apartment totally!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Gill said...

I think a feline friend played a part in this....

Jenni said...

Trade ya. Eddy peed *in* my purse because he was mad at me. Knowing his dislike of change, I majorly changed something that affects him directly...I should have known better.