I have been a little slow to post about this, but this is my latest "project"
A couple of weeks ago I decided to turn some of the little paintings into postcards. I limited myself to 15 (ended up making 17) and I turned them into postcards by printing copies of the pictures and integrating them into some Medioevalis large flat cards. I used wax on the surface to make them sturdier and ordered a stamp that says Postcarded from The Stamp Maker. I mailed them out about 2 weeks ago and all seem to have made it through the mail. They look more like the top piece, but I added colored wax... shoepolish actually.... to prevent the card from showing through.
I am calling it the Calendar Project and have already printed the second round. I am figuring I will do 5 or 6 about a month apart and then call it quits, but it is good to have a project to be working on!
My thinking on it all is that they all start out the same, but then the post office does its thing and each becomes an original..... we'll see how this goes.. I am so not good at multiples that making 17 is just about my limit...