Tuesday, March 17, 2015

still playing with Image Transfers

This is another full page image transfer using gel medium.  I took this photo at the Met when they were showing  Cambodian Rattan: The Sculptures of Sopheap Pich.  It was a lovely show and the shadows cast by the artworks on the walls were also fascinating.

The chop at the bottom of the page is one I have had for a long time and I have no idea what it says.  Anyone out there who has a clue can feel free to play in on this.  It has a monkey on the top of the chop, so that may be it.

This page may be done.  I am however playing with using a connecting theme on the pages of this journal.... we shall see..


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting Jordi. Which Gel medium do you use?

jordi said...

I'm just using bog standard gel medium, Golden Gel Medium Gloss. I have read that there is a difference between using gloss and matte, but I don't see it. It may be that one lets in more lift off, but since I LIKE lift off it doesn't matter to me...

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jordi, i'll try that... I have both so I might see which I prefer :-)