Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Remember the Olympics?

I wanted to knit this sweater but it turned out that I couldn't get the yarn I wanted in time so instead I made mittens. Now, however, I have the yarn for the "stars" and I got started. Once I started I found a bunch of issues and have turned the pattern ... or more accurately, the way of making this sweater ... on its ear. I have the body 2/3rds of the way done.
It was a sweater done flat with 3 separate pieces for the body if you don't count the pockets and I combined them all into one piece to knit. The stars were intarsia ... which I HATE to do. Now they are done with a fair isle technique. I had to add a few extra arms on some of the stars, but the bottom is generally the same. Those are pockets in the front on the stitch holders.

except, that is for the steek, since I wasn't going to do fair isle on the purl side. So I decided to knit it in the round and added 5 stitches to created a place to cut it apart once it is done.

Since I made a steek for the front I also made steeks for the sleeves. I am getting VERY brave here. We shall see what emerges from all this.

I just didn't want you to think I was lying around being fed peeled grapes. All the detailed details are over on Ravelry in my projects.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Gill said...

Wow...this looks loike serious knitting, Jordi!