Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Little House on the Prairie Moment

I remember reading Laura Ingalls Wilder as a child, and one of the books, I think it was the one on the prairie, spent a lot of time talking about the sound of the wind blowing all the time and how you couldn't think for hearing it.

Well, welcome to my apartment on the Hudson River!!  There is a wind blowing across the Hudson at perhaps 35 or 40 mph and it has not stopped all day long.  I think I have moved to The House on Plum Creek or wherever it was that the wind came sweeping down the plain but there is no waving wheat here for sure. (As an aside, I DO know the words to Oklahoma.)

I am hoping it stops soon or I am going to have to acquire earplugs.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Tee hee! I know the words to Oklahoma too...was in the school play.

Super windy here as well. I'm waiting for Dorothy to fall on the Wicked Witch of the East.