Wednesday, December 31, 2008

It has certainly been a long strange trip this 2008..

A lot of this all started with a group of us who decided to post a picture every day for a year in 2008.  I didn't put any requirements on mine, I used old and new and whatever came to mind, but I generally did accomplish it.. or I will have done it on the 7th of January.  I got a late start.  

That photo blog led to a "real" blog, since I found that I often had something to say that had no relationship to the picture of the day.  

There are a couple of zillion blogs and bloggers out there talking about their New Year's Resolutions, so I will not add to them.  HOWEVER.... Leah over at Creative Every Day has decided to have a word to focus on for the year.  That led me to thinking what my word would be were I to join in.. 

Because everything I ponder like that has pluses and minuses - multiples of each - and shoulds and should nots and maybes and perhapses attached to it I think that my word for the coming year is Simplicity.  Just give over and simply be, simply do, simplicity.

We shall see how that resonates, it isn't midnight yet..

I wandered around for a while in my photoblog for the past year and picked one picture from each month as a favorite.  Some months were harder than others, June was a real banner month for possibilities, as was May.  April, on the other hand didn't have the same depth.  I wonder if there is a study of the reasons for that?    What follows is a collage of 12 of my favorites, with one extra thrown in because it was impossible to leave out the bridge and maybe it deserves a collage of its own.

Happy 2009 to all of you, and if you decide to follow Leah and do a word, let me know what it is.. I am curious about the complexity of choosing...(grin)



1 comment:

Gill said...

I'm glad you started to blog, Jordi - and the photo a day has been a really interesting project, hasn't it? As for a word of the year....well, I'll ponder and post later (perhaps!)

Happy New Year to you, btw