Thursday, January 1, 2009

2009 here we all come.....

Have I told you lately how much I love the "warshrag" afghan? Well, I am not the only one who loves it. As you can see, at least 2 out of 3 residents of the fur persuasion also love it. If I get out from under it I have to push the homesteaders off it when I come back every time.

Working from home has made it hard for me to structure myself, and I have been unhappy with how I am spending my time and feeling self indulgent.

I have been doing the Morning Pages from The Artist's Way every morning for the last 6 years at least, maybe longer. They are really a habit at this point that I rarely break, but since I moved here and was doing them in the living room, somehow the computer and the tv were generally on by the time I finished and then things got rapidly out of hand. What was suffering was time in the studio actually working on my pins and the other ideas I had.

SO.. This morning I did the morning pages in the studio, looking out at the frigid river and the snowy, blowy FREEZING outdoors. I am committed to staying there for 3 hours as many days as possible, at least 5 days a week. This morning I got half the studio cleaned up and re-organized and I really feel like this is a good solution for me. Simplify.... if you start in one room it is easier to stay there and I can drink coffee anywhere. Besides the view is better! Let's see where this one goes and Happy New Year to all. I am really waiting for the end of January. The year of the Ox is supposed to be a good year for Monkeys....
Posted by Picasa

No comments: