Friday, February 17, 2012

New York Prayer Flags


I was reading the other day about Prayer Flags. In Tibetan they are called lung ta meaning Wind Horse. They are left until they have disintegrated from the elements and are one of 5 colors (red, blue, green, yellow and white). It started me thinking about the things that catch in New York trees and how, in their way, they resemble Prayer Flags as they disintegrate and blow away. I had one outside my window for a while, but it shredded pretty quickly, and was gone in a month or so.  So now when I spot one, you are going to get to see them here.

According to Wikipedia, the Lung Ta are placed in high places so that the prayers for good that they carry will be dispersed over a wide area and be good for all beings.  They are not prayers TO someone but rather prayers FOR wellbeing..  I love the thought.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: