Tuesday, April 15, 2008

book club tonight...

We read 3 Junes by Julia Glass and everyone there really liked the book. It was a National Book award winner in 2002 and I remember wanting to read it back then, but I never did. I am glad I finally got around to it. The characters are complex and interesting and I found myself stealing time to read it when I should have been doing other things. That doesn't always happen to me with National Book Award winners, so this was a real treat.

I also finally finished the blasted heel on Jacobean sock number 1. I think I may do a different heel on sock number 2. I have always felt that matching was overrated. It looks good after 3 tries but it just doesn't interest me as much as a shortrow heel sock without the wrapping and I also enjoy the eye of partridge heel for its extra protection where socks can wear. The current heel looks like this.


Looks good, and I am loving this yarn, it is Sheepaints and though it is a little splitty, it is a great colorway. I am really liking that it is not highly disparate, more subdued.

Cute sock (singular)...Huh??






No comments: