Wednesday, July 1, 2009

I've been knitting....

I know there was a long silence there for a while. I have been doing a LOT of knitting. This is the second of these triangular shawls that I have finished. I gave the other to Katie who is about to start some sort of world tour and I hope is going to be blogging here.

Right now there is a nice frog pic for the frog lovers among us.

As you can maybe see, there are small beads around the edges here where the points are supposed to be. This is only partially blocked due to the intervention of British/Seattle weather for the month of June. Nothing dried and I finally had to take it off the wires because it was on the floor of the bedroom and no one could go to bed. Also, I almost ran out of yarn and had to delete one row of point knitting, so the points are not quite as sharp as they should be.

It looks pretty good, but the pattern part is a bit rippley and I know I am going to have to do it again.
This one is also big enough, I think. The one that went off with Katie required the ownership of a twig. She fit it perfectly.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Gill said...

This is gorgeous Jordi. Lovely work.

Sorry ot hear you've got our weather. I think we have yours....30C+ for four or five days running so far. But I think it's going to break up tomorrow so I hope you get your turn then.

blackbird said...

SO beautiful!