Friday, November 27, 2015

I have been knitting....

I decided that I have to use up the yarn in the house.  The issue for me was that what I succumbed to every time I walked into a yarn store was a single skein of varigated sock yarn.  I have been knitting socks but it will take the rest of my natural life to knit up all those skeins, one pair of socks at a time.  I decided to knit a scarf and just start putting the skeins together and hope for the best.

I knitted this on size 3 US needles, with sock yarn, rarely a solid color. Once I got started and had a good bit of a "scarf" done, the largest strip with the yellow and white section in it, I realized that it was not going to be filmy enough for a scarf.  I am always warmer than average, so I started just adding to it, picking up one side, knitting that way for a while, then binding off and picking up another side etc etc.  I finally decided to quit when it was a large lap blanket.

Then I decided that it needed knitted on I Cord edging.  Hmmmmm It was 1200 stitches around, each stitch of icord was really 4 stitches.  4800 stitches later I had edged it all.  Now I am lost because I am not knitting and I am thinking I might start a second one.



No comments: