This book was the last one I made from the leftover prints, and I think there were more plain vanilla pages in it than in the other 3. It is interesting that I really did find this book to be a struggle. It wasn't a quick book by any means and a lot of these pages are heavy with glue and more glue.
I have been pondering it a while, as I haven't yet got a "next book" going.
This set of pages are really an example of how much of a struggle I had here. I love the left page..
It uses a lot of things I like to use and it feels like it tells a story. That is me in the photo, by the way, age about 4. It is one of a series of pictures I keep coming back to, using and re-using.
The insert... not so much and the other side of the little page was sort of OK.
and then there is the other side. The background is some wallpaper I found somewhere, a MOO card separation and a piece of an older sunflower print. The paper at the bottom came from some paper that I rusted using some old New York Waterworks parts that came available when a lunatic driver up here ran over the fire hydrant on the corner late one night. It was pretty exciting for about half an hour before they got a cap on it, and there were lots of rusted metal parts lying around, so I picked them up.
Japanese paper for toughness and rust for color.