As history.... I created 4 "books" out of gelatin prints I made while playing with a home made gelatin plate. I made a lot of prints just playing, some came out in ways that I liked, others not so much. I was left with a bunch of prints that weren't "keepers" as they were, so I sewed them down the middle and made them into books. If you search this blog for "journal" you can see a lot of the first 3 books. This is the last one and I am going to go through it showing "before" and "after" so I will have a record.
This is the first page spread. Since I only did gelatin prints on one side, there are blank pages interspersed with half prints. Makes a bit of a challenge.
I don't work on the pages in sequence, so I can't really tell you when this was done. It hung around for a long time, and I am not sure how well it resolved but this is how it ended up:
and these are close ups of the two pages. I think they will blow up bigger if you click on them.
Bits and pieces about what I did.. the image in the center is a MOO card that I made several years ago. The info on the back had totally changed, but I just couldn't make myself throw out the picture. It's a miniature of a photo I took of the view from my parent's porch in upstate New York.
I discovered that with appropriate use of fingernails you can peel the MOO cards apart and be left with the picture on a fairly thin background. AHA!! You will see more of this further on in the book.
I found some architectural drawings in the trash somewhere and this background is one..