Wednesday, March 13, 2013

What to do with these?????

These pages were part of a baby photo album that I took apart and saved because of the paper.
From the closeup below you can see that the texture and the color etc. of the paper is great.  Only problem is that it cracks when folded... aarrrggghhh.
 I really want to use it in a journal, but it can't be coptic bound, as the cracks will not be strong enough.  I know I can just stab bind it, which is how it was bound originally, but that has never been my favorite way to go.
so here I am, still pondering what to do and meanwhile running my fingers over the paper.  It is really lovely paper... sigh.  Would love to hear other ideas of what could be done with it....

3 comments:

Nuvofelt said...

How about cutting the paper and joining with a paper that WILL fold. You could even use fabric - that could be interesting. Hope you find a solution.

Nuvofelt said...

I didn't put that very well, did I!? What I meant was - make a hinge using another paper.... Does that make more sense?

jordi said...

I do get it… HMMMMMM It would work, I think. It is a cute little bunch of pages and I do want to use them. My obsession with making books is ridiculous since I don’t seem to USE them, just LOOK at them 

Thanks, I will show you where I end up but it may be a while … like months…