Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I saw Gypsy with Patti Lupone on Friday





I really loved it more than I thought I would. I have always loved that musical, but this production and cast were wonderful. I was never a huge Patti Lupone fan, but after seeing her in Sweeney Todd I became a convert, and this sealed the deal. She was born for this role.



I know that I live here, and can wander down to 44th street any time I want, but I forget sometimes that getting there is sometimes at least half the fun.






















There is also always this:

Walking down the street on the way to the theatre, I can't imagine that this feeling of WOW is to be had anywhere else in the world...


Broadway show posters are always changing,




I love New York. I thought about moving away at one point and realized that there was no place I could be happier. This is part of why.


Oh, we also ate at Molyvos, and had the incredible Grilled Baby Octopus. Go. It is worth the trip just for that. However, when you go to the website, leave them a note telling them to ditch the muzak.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

The food looks as good as the musical sounds. Glad you had fun and glad you didn't move!