Thursday, May 15, 2008

The next BIG project...

Last night I was dipping into and out of the Elizabeth Zimmerman catalog of knitting books. I was looking for a good restrained afghan pattern for a bride-to-be with elegant taste. Saw it on Brooklyn Tweed and went digging about for it in the Opinionated Knitter. Exactly what I wanted. Great changes via texture, warm, not too heavy. I have already ordered the yarn from Webs in a lovely, I hope, granite grey blue.

Well, while I was mucking about in the Opinionated Knitter, I realized that it was time for another innoculation of EZ and her amazing viewpoint on knitting. I bought Knitting Without Tears back in 1971 when it first came out. I am not even sure I knew who EZ was at that time, but it made sense to me and made me a better knitter, for sure. I had forgotten how pithy and funny she was as a writer and how she made you see what she wanted you to with just some sketchy drawings and words.

In any case... once the yarn arrives and I figure out the guage I am going to post regular updates because this has to be finished SOON! I have procrastinated long enough.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Can't wait to see pictures!!

Nicki said...

You ordered yarn? Just what you need.