Friday, June 6, 2008

tag, you're it .. well, sort of.

I'm supposed to list 6 unimportant things about me. I'm changing the game to make it 6 heretofore-generally-unknown-to-all things about me.

I am a Yankees fan. I watch almost every game, know all the "last year's" players by their numbers (if you are a Yankee fan you have to do that, since their names are not on their shirts. It is kind of like the subways in NY, a secret society that you have to know the password to be part of.) I miss Joe Torre and am having fits over this year's insanity. So there it is.

When flush toilets go, I want to be right behind them. I am NOT the person you want to take camping in the wilds of the world. I can stare at trees for a while, then I want them to DO something. I am a city kid. Always will be one which is why living beside the river but still in the city is the best of all possible worlds.

Barefoot. No shoes indoors, not ever, even in the dead of winter when the wind is blowing off the Hudson at 50 knots.

Would be the new Collyer Brother if left to my own devices. I am always seeing stuff on the street that I think might make great jewelry, great assemblage, etc, especially if it is run over by a truck. Forever tearing things out of magazines and newspapers to send to people who I think will appreciate them. I DO get a lot of them sent, also. Organization-R-Not-Us however.

I'm glue. Once you are in my list you are there forever. Ten years from now you can somehow expect to open an envelope and see something I found in the paper that made me think of you or get an email on your birthday because I save those too.

I am trying to make more art, do less work for hire. The last part is working out REALLY well, the first, not so much. I can find a million reasons to sit and look at things in the studio, and 2 million not to USE them.

I cry at every animal story on the news, every blasted ad for dogs and cats in shelters, every photo on a blog and am as big a supporter as I can be for A Place to Bark . (Bernie's blog doesn't seem to be working right now, but try again because her stories are worth the effort). Add sheep and goats to this list and you can see why Susan tagged me to start with.. Take a look at Truman and Ike, they will make you smile.

That's 7, but who's counting besides me?

Who to tag?

Gill, because she has nothing else to do (HA!) and is showing me up by accomplishing so much in the time that she has.

Grace because she was posting for a while and has slipped away from it, and her photos are interesting.

Clockwatcher because she needs to post more and maybe this will spur her to do it, though I think she is on vacation and no one should post on vacation.

as a side note, when you type that word, vacation, do you find yourself typing it in the rhythm of the song that spells it out? I do -- v - a - c - a -tion.

I would tag Nicki, Joey, Aaron, Ann W, Ann P, Harry, the list is endless.... but they are all blogless, so I guess that doesn't count.

Pauline because I love the printing she is doing now that her press is set up, and everyone should take a look.

Dee so she can stay busy since her dissertation is done,

Nadine who needs to find some artsy friends in San Francisco.

What the people I tagged are "supposed" to do:
The rules of the game are as follows:
1. Link back to the person that tagged you
2. Post these rules on your blog.
3. Share six unimportant things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your entry.

There, It is Finito! Enjoy.

2 comments:

Nicki said...

You know, I don't think being a Yankees fan is unimportant. And doesn't everyone know that you are the Collyer Sister.

Gill said...

Oh, I realise why we get along so well....separated at birth, surely!

I've revealed not quite as many secrets now....thanksf or that, Jordi!