Thursday, May 7, 2015

I have been working on the new "book"

since last I posted here.  And now I am thinking I will show you some before and afters.  I wish they would fix Picasa so that you could load your pics straight out of there to Blogger.  Seems they COULD do that.. heaven knows they are tight enough in other ways.  but no hope it seems.  It has been broken for ages and ages.  If they are not going to fix it, why, in one of their updates don't they take the button away?  OK, enough already... FIX IT!!!!

Several months ago, February actually, I posted a couple of pics of how the newest journal looked before being touched.  I called it leftover journal #3 when I started. Anybody who is new here, I make journals out of prints that didn't go quite where I wanted them to go and other random pieces of paper. This is what the first pages looked like when I sewed the book together:


 I had a time dealing with all the stuff on the right side and eventually just worked over it.  These pages have been lots of things but I think they are done now. The photo is from a building I pass with the dogs when I am walking them.  The reflections in it are always interesting.

The book page is from Jane Eyre, as is the tape text on the right side.  I like rubbing tape onto an old book page and then pulling it away so most of the page stays and the text comes up with the tape. You will see that trick again ...


So this is how the journal #3 opens as of May 7, 2015.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking good Jordi. Fun isn't it?

Gill said...

So, when you say "tape", what tape are you talking about?

(just want to try this for myself!)

jordi said...

This was where I saw it.. I have to find it on my Pinterest pages,

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/192951165254822710/
but thank you Pinterest there it was...

http://balzerdesigns.typepad.com/balzer_designs/2011/06/super-quick-tutorial-book-page-tape.html

jordi said...

I also found that wetting the book page side lets you take off some of the page residue without removing all the text if you do it carefully