Thursday, May 21, 2015

Journal #3 Spread 12... the last...

These are the last pages in the book... I had a hard time getting started and now I am having a hard time letting it go, but I liked these pages too, so all in all, though there were moments when I HATED this book, it has a nice feel to it. These two pages had some things to deal with....



I added color and edges to the face and left it be, although I have added some pretend writing along the edge.  I am playing with that right now.  Things that look like letters and words but are not.... something I was reading the other day called it Asemic Writing. I looked it up in Wikipedia. I am intrigued with it and I liked it sitting there opposite the house I transferred to some circular graph paper I found in the trash somewhere.   Underneath it is part of a poem by Louise Gluck that is one of my all time favorites. 


It is called A Myth of Devotion and is about Persephone and Hades, one of those stories I love. The quote on the page is the beginning....

"When Hades decided he loved this girl
he built for her a duplicate of earth,
everything the same, down to the meadow,
but with a bed added."

Read it, it is an amazing poem.

Next week or the week after I will photo the last of the four books I made from failed prints before I start working in the last one and SOMEHOW I will start again.  Starting is the hardest part for me, and it lasts until about half the spreads are going somewhere.  So I am going to try not to be too cranky for the next month or so while I learn how to START!!!

No comments: