When Journal #3 got sewn together, this was the "spread". It included one of the little randomly bound in stamped pages, so the little page flips from side to side. Looked like this:
Now they look like this.
The paper that made up the pages of this journal separated at the sewn spot more than any of the others so far. I think I used more gel media transfers in this book and taking the paper off the transfer involves more water than I usually use. SO I added a lot of striped strips that run through the pages and help to hold them together. This was a tactic I hadn't used before but I liked it as it added elements to pages that had to be worked into the next design.
I have a lot of old wallpaper samples that were gifted to me by a friend. I've probably had them 5 or 6 years and suddenly I am using them everywhere. Hoarders Unite :-)